Wagga Wagga Visitor Information
Welcome to Wagga Wagga!
Located in the heart of the Riverina region of New South Wales, Wagga Wagga is a vibrant city with a rich cultural heritage and plenty of things to see and do.
Wagga Wagga is easily accessible by car, train, and plane. The city is situated on the Sturt and Olympic Highways, and is approximately 5 hours drive from Sydney and 4 hours drive from Melbourne. Train services operate from Sydney and Melbourne, with regular connections to other regional centres. Wagga Wagga Airport provides regular flights to Sydney and Melbourne.
Things to see and do
- Wagga Wagga Art Gallery - showcasing local and national art exhibitions
- Botanic Gardens - featuring a variety of native and exotic plants, picnic areas, and a children's playground
- National Art Glass Gallery - displaying some of Australia's finest art glass
- Museum of the Riverina - exploring the rich history of the region
- Wollundry Lagoon - a popular spot for bird watching, fishing, and walking
- Kapooka Army Base - offering tours of the training facilities
Wagga Wagga offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and tastes, including hotels, motels, serviced apartments, and camping grounds. Some popular options include:
- The William Farrer Hotel - a heritage-listed hotel offering modern amenities and a central location
- Mantra Pavilion Hotel - a stylish hotel with spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant
- Junction Motor Inn - a family-friendly motel with a pool, BBQ facilities, and free Wi-Fi
- Big4 Wagga Wagga Holiday Park - a caravan park with a range of cabins and holiday units, as well as powered and unpowered sites for caravans and tents
Food and drink
Wagga Wagga has a lively dining scene, with options ranging from traditional Australian pub meals to high-end restaurants. Some popular choices include:
- Thirsty Crow Brewery - a microbrewery and restaurant offering craft beers and modern Australian cuisine
- Crown Hotel - a historic pub with a cosy bar and bistro serving classic pub grub
- Magpies Nest Restaurant - a fine dining restaurant in a picturesque setting overlooking Lake Albert
- Born and Bread Bakehouse - a bakery and cafe offering artisan breads, pastries, and coffee
Whether you're interested in history, art, food, or nature, Wagga Wagga has something to offer. Come and discover the charm of this vibrant city for yourself!